Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fandom4Texas Fundraiser Contribution - The Demon Within


In 2011, Texas has lost more land to wildfires than every other state in the U.S. combined. Since the current fire season began, Texas Forest Service and area fire departments have responded to 22,602 fires that have burned 3,761,966 acres. Thousands of Texans have lost their homes, businesses, pets, and even family members in the worst fires Texas has seen in our recorded history.


Everyone who sends Fandom4Texas a donation receipt, dated Sept 5th 2011 or later, of least $5 to one of the below relief agencies will receive a compilation of fanfiction and original stories from over 175 authors.

To read more about this tragedy or to donate money to a listed charity go here.  There are just over 2 days left to donate to receive the compilation.

My contribution for the fundraiser is a one-shot called The Demon Within, inspired by the song Demon Seed by Nine Inch Nails.  The beautiful banner below has been made by the lovely vbfb1, and I have included a teaser for the story.




Summary:
Edward suppressed his need for human blood decades ago and has lived a good and virtuous life since then.  Will his unparalleled desire for Bella’s blood unleash his demons once more?  AU.

Teaser:
I try to resist your charms. ...


God knows how I try.

Countless hours wrapped up in your scent. The aroma of your blood and of your body, driving me crazy little by little, until the sanity I claw onto is hanging by a thread. A tenuous thread of love and respect and humanity which is shredding until, as I fear, there is but a single twine left. A tiny remnant that will snap and splinter like glass shards with the smallest of encouragement from you.



I warn you.

God knows how often I tell you.

Never-ending conversations about my true nature, about what I really am deep inside, dark and monstrous, regardless of my sparkling external casing. You never believe me yet the consequences of what you ask for are unknown. I’ve tried to prepare you as much as I can, but in the end the decision is yours and I will acquiesce this time. I have crumbled against your persistence, because deep down I crave it too.



If you aren't able to contribute to the fundraiser, the one-shot will be available on fanfiction.net on January 1, 2012.

Suz xx

No comments: