Saturday, October 2, 2010

Age of Edward 2010 Contest Entry

I have been having a little addiction to fanfiction contests over the last month so my regular stories have been on hold for a little while.  I have entered 2 anonymous contests which are still running so I cannot post any details as yet.  I have also just posted "C'est la Vie", my entry for the 2010 Age of Edward contest which is based in Versailles Paris in the 18th Century.


Here is the link to the fic on fanfiction.net:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6365208/1/Cest_la_Vie

Here is the link to the contest page on fanfiction.net so you can read the other stories:
http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Age_of_Edward_2010/84445/

There is also an anonymous banner contest and a lovely lady (who I can't name yet) made the above banner for this story and has entered the contest.  To see all the banners, they are on the Age of Edward blog here:
http://www.ageofedward.com/?page_id=102


To give you an idea of what life was like in Versailles in these times, I thought I would post this vid from the movie Marie Antoinette starring Kirsten Dunst. 



Well, if you have been following me for a while, you know I am big into researching the era's and places I write about so here are some pics of real life people and places that are referred to in my story.  Luckily I worked in Paris for a little while a few (quite a few) years ago and visited Versailles the township for lunch with the people I worked with and who lived there.  After a very long and rather alcoholic lunch they took us on a guided tour of the Palace gardens and the palace itself.   It is utterly amazing...and beautiful.

The Palace:






The Theatre within the Palace




The Folly in the gardens of Versailles


A pic from the movie Marie-Antoinette to give you idea of the reception rooms and the fashions of the day:

Paintings of real people referred to:

Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette

Marie-Antoinette in full court dress

Marie-Antoinette with 3 of her children

princesse de Lamballe, the Queen's best friend who met a terrible death in the hands of the mob

Comte de Artois - The Kings brother and friend to the Queen


I had so much fun writing this story, hope you enjoy reading it.

Suzanne

1 comment:

TongueTwied said...

The banner is striking! good luck with your contests!