Thursday, December 2, 2010

Teaser - Chapter 13 of Scent of a Woman

Yes, it's true.  You're not seeing things...Chapter 13 has finally been stitched up and sent off to my beta in the early hours of this morning.  I have no idea why I had so much trouble finalising this chapter...maybe it was my preoccupation worrying about the number 13 lol! I have been busy with some contests and a contribution to the Preemie Compilation and 2 chapters of Menage and I hurt my arm and couldn't type...but never fear I have already got a fair bit (okay a little bit) of Chapter 14 written.

Oh and before I forget, the lovely @callsignC30 reviewed Scent of a Woman on TwiFicPromotions  a few weeks ago and said lots of lovely things about it....if you haven't seen the review and would like to, here is the link :-)



A little unbeta'd teaser while beans827 performs her magic on the chapter:

From Chapter 12-



“Edward, can I ask you a question?”


He glanced up from his notebook and nodded slowly when he met my eyes. I was lost for long moments, floating in the warm golden sea of his eyes. Beautiful.


I shook my head to rid myself of its sudden stupor and plucked up my courage, “This may seem like a really strange question, but have we met before? You seem very familiar to me, but I just can’t seem to place where I know you from.”


Right in front of my eyes, Edward’s face broke out into the most brilliant smile I had ever seen. Then he lifted my fingers to his lips, just like I had seen him do before in my dreams, and gently kissed my knuckles before whispering, “Yes Bella, we have met before, but I’m not sure you’ll believe me as to where.”


My fingers were tingling from the contact with his cold hand and cold lips and it was a minute before his words caught up with me. What the hell did he mean?


Forks 2005

-Edward-


She remembered me!

Or, at the very least, it seemed that her subconscious knew me, knew that I was familiar and was trying to bring me to the surface of Bella’s brain through her vivid dreams. Could it be this easy? Could I simply tell Bella that we’d met each other before in her previous lives and the prompt would trigger her mind to remember everything?

Bella’s question threw me for a loop; never once had my soul mate recognized me to this extent. Our souls had always been drawn together naturally and I had used that, and the fact that I could read my love’s mind, to my advantage in pursuing a relationship.

She remembered me!

That’s all I could think about as I watched her, watching me, nervously biting her lip after she had asked her question. I was leaving her hanging as I stared at her, her nervousness increasing as I worked through the feelings her recognition caused, my inner turmoil as I sorted through a half dozen scenarios about what to tell her.

She remembered me!

Without realizing it, my hand had snaked across the table and taken hers within its firm grip. The feel of her warm skin, her blood flowing so close to the surface, each heartbeat pulsing against the pads of my fingers woke me from the daze her words invoked.

The desire to touch her, to feel her warm skin against mine had always been strong, overpowering, and that had not waned over time. I had never been able to get close enough to her to be satisfied, not even in the throes of passion that we had shared over the years.

Could it be different…more…all encompassing, if she knew all there was to know? Would our union transcend the highest plane if she knew and remembered how deep our bond truly was?

........... and later



Emmett couldn’t stop smiling as he rounded the corner. He was getting the chance to talk to Bella in person, the object of his brother’s affection. Emmett sorely missed his human brother, Ethan, long dead these many years, and was jumping at the bit to take me under his wing and impart his knowledge of the fairer sex.

As soon as I saw them at the end of the hall, I stopped breathing and slumped against the wall as if weak with illness and whispered to him, so fast and so softly that Bella had no idea we were even conversing, to stand between Bella and I until we were safely away from the school.

“Thank you, Bella. I think I might have come back to school a little early, I’m not quite feeling myself just yet.”

She nodded and started to walk back to the classroom as I moved away from the wall and walked towards the front door with Emmett pretending to support me. Bella called out to me just before we reached the outside world.

“Don’t think I’ve forgotten that you haven’t yet answered my question, Edward Cullen.”

Emmett’s eyebrows rose and he couldn’t help himself, “Dude,” he whispered, “has Bella asked you out?” then grunted as I elbowed him hard in the side.

------------ and a little cliffy based on the story summary:



Story Summary: When Edward vaulted over the Volvo to save Bella from being crushed by the van, Alice had heard him whisper, "Not her!". What she didn't hear were the next two, "Not again!".

No comments: