Monday, April 5, 2010

Teaser for Chapter 10 - Scent of a Woman

How I hate to start another post with apologies for taking so long to update. I had an epic case of writers block and moving house over the last month. Anyway, Chapter 10 is written and beta'd and just waiting for validation over on twilighted.net.

A little teaser for Chapter 10:

Just then, the sun broke through the clouds that had been darkening the meadow and I could tell when Elizabeth saw the reason why I kept to the woods and stayed in the shadows. She shielded her eyes with one hand and reached out the other to touch my face sparkling brightly in the bright midday sun. She gasped in shock and all I heard from both her lips and running through her mind were the words, “Beautiful…so beautiful.”

I ducked my head in embarrassment and this time she lifted my face to hers. “Don’t hide, Edward. I guess this is why vampires don’t come out in the daytime? “I nodded and she continued, “Please tell me you don’t sleep in a coffin like in that movie?” Oh Lord, she had a sense of humor. I loved it!

This time I laughed out loud. “No Liz, my love, I don’t own a coffin and I definitely would never sleep in one, in fact I don’t sleep at all.”

“Not ever? Don’t you get tired?”

“Liz, I haven’t slept since 1918 and no, I don’t get tired. Although I used to long for sleep so that I could dream of you.”

Elizabeth smiled at my words and then looked up at the sky in a panic realizing how late it had become. “Oh dear, I have to go now or I will be late to the hospital.”

The brief moment of sunshine disappeared as quickly as it had come and dark clouds obscured the sun from the meadow. I smiled when I realized that I could prolong my time with Elizabeth. I bowed formally to her and then crooked my elbow, “Shall we, my dear?” Elizabeth threaded her arm through mine and we walked towards town and her volunteer job at the hospital. Elizabeth looked at me uncertainly as we walked up to the front entrance and I assured her I would be waiting at the coffee shop across the road for her at the end of her shift.


Suzanne

No comments: